Surrounded by the dual World Heritage-listed sites of the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest, unique and diverse event experiences abound in Cairns & Great Barrier Reef.
1. Enjoy world-class infrastructure, a dedicated event team and five-star tropical cuisine at a conference in the Cairns Convention Centre, the current World’s Best Congress Centre.
2. Blow your delegates away with an event in a repurposed World War II fuel tank at the Tanks Arts Centre, set in lush rainforest in the heart of the Cairns Botanic Gardens.
3. Make the breathtaking underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef the backdrop for your latest product launch and leave your clients speechless.
4. With world-renowned speakers in industries such as tropical medicine, agriculture, biotechnology, construction and education, Cairns is a hub of expertise for your next conference.
4. Dine in a secret location under the canopy of the world’s oldest rainforest where local tropical produce, live Indigenous performance and magical surroundings combine for an evening beyond your guests’ wildest expectations.
6. Learn how to make soap from reeds at Mossman Gorge with a Kuku Yalanji elder who shares the ancient secrets and traditions of the peaceful Daintree Rainforest.
7. Cook up a storm with a customised group masterclass hosted by Master Chef guest chef Nick Holloway for a team building activity to impress discerning foodies.
8. Join a food trail tour of the Atherton Tablelands, the only region in Australia where all the ingredients for a perfect cuppa – tea, coffee, milk and sugar – are grown. Stock up on fresh tropical fruit, rich cheeses, macadamia nuts or award-winning fruit wines and spirits.
9. Challenge the bravest of delegates to a 50-metre jump off the world’s first purpose-built bungy tower or launch through the rainforest on the Minjin jungle swing for an adrenalin rush guaranteed to provide heart-racing thrills.
10. Zipline over Goliath, a 4-metre saltwater crocodile, as you compete with colleagues on the world’s first challenge ropes course in a wildlife park. End the team building activity with a cuddle from a resident koala.