Destination Funding Support
The Destination Funding Program provides a financial incentive for eligible events held in Cairns & Great Barrier Reef from 01 October 2021 – 15 May 2022.
This project received grant funding from the Australian Government under the Recovery for Regional Tourism program, an initiative of the $1B COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund.
Funding of $100 per delegate is available for any national event of three days or longer, refer to eligibility criteria below.
The event underwriter must complete an application form and successful events must provide evidence of executed venue agreements that demonstrates delegate numbers, prior to entering into a funding agreement with Business Events Cairns & Great Barrier Reef.
Funding is subject to availability, eligibility check and assessment.
How funding can be used
- Funding can be applied to costs associated with the event venue, accommodation, social activities and ground transfers.
- Payment will be made directly to the local supplier 14 days prior to the event commencing. The event organiser must arrange an invoice from the supplier made out to Business Events Cairns & Great Barrier Reef.
- The funding is available for events held in Cairns, Palm Cove, and Port Douglas, with events in other Cairns and Great Barrier Reef locations to be considered upon request.
Who can apply
Funding is available to the association and corporate sectors holding meetings, conferences and incentive programs. The event underwriter must apply to the Program. For clarity, the event underwriter is the entity who has the rights to conduct the event (ie. rights for management, organisation, promotion etc. and all the intellectual property rights, logos, names and marks pertaining to the event) and who underwrites the financial risk of the entire event.
To be eligible for funding you must satisfy the following criteria.
- The event attracts a minimum of 100 delegates in person
- The event duration is three or more days
- The event must be held between 1 October 2021 – 15 May 2022
- The event must be national ie. include delegates from interstate
- The event must have been held previously ie new events are not eligible
- The event underwriter must be considering other Queensland and/or interstate destinations and must be in the bidding stage
- The event underwriter must be prepared to enter into a sponsorship agreement that outlines mutually agreed benefits. These will be discussed at the time of confirming the funding.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Business Development Manager, Kylie Brand on 07 4015 1239 or [email protected]