Nurturing Our Nature with Business Events
A Cairns & Great Barrier Reef Conservation Initiative
The Cairns business events community have collaborated to launch a new program; Nurturing Our Nature with Business Events. Five Cairns’ hotels have committed to donating $5 per delegate to local environmental and wildlife causes for events booked at these venues during 2020. The program is part of larger effort to nurture and preserve the natural environment on which the local business events sector is built on.
“Without our natural environment in Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef, we wouldn’t have a visitor economy or business events sector. This new program is one of many ways the industry is giving back to local environmental causes whilst providing another way for delegates to leave a lasting legacy,” commented Rosie Douglas, General Manager of Business Events Cairns and Great Barrier Reef.
The five participating charities contribute to the protection and rejuvenation of the region’s natural flora and fauna through different avenues.
- Citizens of the Great Barrier Reef is a collective dedicated to protecting and conserving the Great Barrier Reef and other reefs around the world by inspiring change and contributing to environmental science and research.
- The Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Centre is a voluntary not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the rehabilitation of sick and injured turtles and supports the work of all organisations, individuals and agencies in their efforts to conserve sea turtles. To find out more about these charities and their conservation efforts, please click the links below.
- Formerly Wildlife Habitat Care Centre, the new not-for-profit Tropical Animal Rehabilitation Centre provides treatment and care to displaced, injured, sick or orphaned native Australian wildlife and contributes to the progress of a range of conservation programs and research initiatives.
- The family-owned North Queensland Wildlife Trust contributes and funds the rehabilitation of sick and injured wildlife and the restoration of significant wildlife habitats within the local area through a range of ‘hands-on’ projects.
To participate in this initiative, please contact one of the five Cairns’ hotels listed below.
Terms and Conditions
– Conference or meeting must have a minimum of 20 pax
– Conference or meeting must be two days or more residential
– Conference must be booked and held in 2020
– Please refer to individual hotels for other terms and conditions
For further information contact the team at Business Events Cairns and Great Barrier Reef on [email protected] or any of the participating hotels.